St. Eugene's program for Children's Religious Education emphasizes God's love by using diocesan guidelines and by using the Faith First series approved by the USSB. We have held 6 workshops and have certified most of the catechists in the "Introduction to Catechetical Methods and Skills" program.
We will continue to integrate the Spanish and English communities. We are now offering First Holy Communion with the Hispanic Community in English for 6-8th grades who have not yet received. This will better prepare the children for our Confirmation and Pre-Confirmation Programs that are currently in English. We will continue on having parent's meetings twice a year and encourage parent involvement.
TYM (Total Youth Ministry-High School Students)
1. Continue to provide a safe nurturing environment for the parish high school youth to be able to grow in their faith and establish healthy relationships with their peers.
2. Encourage continued participation in Diocesan activities—Search, Connections, Convention, and Disciples on the Journey, in addition to various service and community projects.
3. Actively recruit qualified, dedicated leaders to take over the program for the next school year, and encourage parents to become more actively involved.
YES (Youth Embracing the Spirit-Middle School Students)
1. Provide a faith filled environment for middle school youth to develop and deepen their faith walk with Christ and each other.
2. To unite both the Hispanic and Anglo communities of our church through social and spiritual interactions of the middle school youth as they join together in Diocesan events, community service projects, and faith enriching social and faith formation activities.
2. To invite parents to have more of an active role in helping to support and run activities for the youth.